There are many estate planning lawyers in Colorado. How do you know which one is right for you? We have assembled a list of interview questions to ask prospective estate planning lawyers as well as questions to ask yourself while you are meeting with prospective lawyers. It is your right to ask these questions and demand satisfactory answers to ensure you are making the right choice for your own unique family/life situation. After all, the assistance they provide is meant to protect you and your loved ones now and in the future.
- What are the lawyer’s specialties? Do they focus entirely on estate planning or is that just a small piece of the practice? The more focused the better!
- How many years has the lawyer been in practice? The more experience the better!
- What types of legal certifications and professional organization memberships does the lawyer have? The more certified and connected within the legal community the better!
- Is the lawyer in good standing with the Colorado bar association? The stronger the standing the better!
- What is the typical response time for return phone calls? The quicker the better!
- Will you be dealing directly with the lawyer or with other office staff? The less middlemen the better!
- Does the lawyer maintain the client/lawyer relationship by keeping clients updated on any law changes, document reviews, etc.? The closer the relationship the better!
- What is their fee structure? Are there any hidden fees? The more transparent the fees the better!
- Is the lawyer forthcoming with educational information about your options for estate planning? The more options you have the better!
- Do you feel a good rapport with the lawyer and the office staff? The more comfortable you feel the better!
- Does the lawyer have a good reputation in Colorado? The more respected the better!
At Brown & Crona, LLC, (formerly The Brown Law Firm, LLC) we welcome these and any other questions you have about our team, our philosophies and our specialties. To arrange a meeting call (303) 339-3750 or visit our website. We look forward to meeting you.